Friday, August 22, 2014

Black on Black on Black


So I saw a post the other week (maybe on Closet Case Files?  That sounds right, but I can't remember...) asking why we as sewing bloggers don't show more Works In Progress pictures, and I thought it was an interesting question.  I love seeing WIPs-- it helps me learn, and it helps me not feel so lame when I see other people doing something just as crazy as I do sometimes:)  Also, I have a serious lack of Works Done pictures!  Maybe this will help me find a way to get more finished project pics.

Anyways, these are going to be a copy of one of my favorite RTW pants from White House Black Market.  I've been wanting a good pair of not-jeans, and the impending season change made me want to go black. The fabric is a cotton sateen that I bought from Pacific Fabrics this spring.  I love how sateen handles!  It's kinda lightweight for fall, but I'm Alaskan.  I'll deal:)

For the top-stitching, I'm going black.  It's unusual on a jeans-style pant to go tone-on-tone, but I saw a picture of some GORGEOUS green pants with an ever-so-slightly darker green embroidering job on the pockets (it was forever ago and I can't remember where it was or I'd link), and I've loved the subtlety of the effect ever since.  Plus, I was feeling too lazy to switch machines!

Also on deck:
More of the one T-shirt to rule them all!  Vogue 8536 is my favorite t-shirt pattern EVER.  And it fits me straight out of the envelope-- I don't even have to lengthen it (gasp).  And it comes with three different necklines and three different sleeves and aaaaaaaah.  It's such a relaxing sew.

McCall's 6800!!  I'm so excited to try this beastie.  I bought the most beautiful purple wool coating from Mood, and it gets back from the cleaners for preshrinking tomorrow.  I'm slightly concerned about putting that much fabric around my hips, but that's what a muslin is for, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment